This is an unprecedented time for all of us. We’re actively monitoring the Coronavirus situation as it changes daily, and we continue to evaluate how to best serve our clients. Our top priority during this time of uncertainty is balancing the well-being of our employees while providing our clients with continual access to essential employee benefit insurance services. To keep this balance, we have made some temporary adjustments and permanent enhancements to our business services.
We are temporarily discontinuing in-person Employee Benefits Renewal Meetings
- In observance of the health of our clients and employees, we will be conducting Employee Benefits Renewal Meetings through the use of email, telephone conference and / or videoconferencing technologies.
- DMIS Renewal Proposals will be delivered to each client no less than 60 calendar days in advance of the renewal effective date. Renewal Binders will be sent via US Mail or UPS delivery.
We are temporarily discontinuing in-person Benefits Open Enrollment Meetings
- In service of the health of our clients and their employees, we will be conducting Benefits Open Enrollment Meetings through the use of Zoom technologies. We will prepare OE presentations and provide a downloadable link for employees to access the material during Zoom meeting .
- Employee enrollment or re-enrollment in their benefit plans will continue through Employee Enterprise, our cloud-based online enrollment technology. Our Employee Enterprise System uses high level encryption technology to keep your employee information private & secure.
As a client of DMIS, we want to make sure you have the resources you need to work with your employees during this critical time. For the most up-to-date news as it relates to HR and Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources, please login to your ThinkHR account at https://www.thinkhr.com/hrhotline/login.php. If you need assistance with your login credentials, please call or email us. We are available.
1. Access your ThinkHR Account
Live Advisors – (877) 225-1101 – HR questions answered by a ThinkHR expert to help guide you in the area of terminations, furloughs and lay-offs.
Comply – click on “Comply” at the top of the home page and then click the red circle “COVID-19” . From there you will find current resources and materials including:
a. COVID-19 FAQ
b. COVID-19 HR Best Practices and Guidance Webinar
c. Families First Coronavirus Response Act
d. Sample Emergency Family and Medical Leave Policy (FFCRA FMLA Expansion)
e. Sample Emergency Paid Sick Leave Policy (FFCRA Paid Sick Leave)
f. Sample Communication to Employees
g. Sample Essential Business Letter (COVID-19)
h. Furlough Letter (COVID-19)
i. Sample Telecommuting Agreement
j. Work from Home Agreement
k. Telecommuting Checklist
l. Sample Work from Home Policy
m. Acknowledgment of Receipt for Company-Issued Property
n. State Resources
o. ThinkHR Blog: When Business Threats are Contagious
In closing, I wanted to take this opportunity to update you on our company’s response plan. We’re closely monitoring updates from many resources including the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and making sure we are complying to protect the health of our DMIS family and our community. We are following the CDC’s recommendations by maintaining a very clean, safe and healthy environment for our employees. Please know that we remain dedicated to providing the best possible service in the days, weeks and months ahead. We realize this is not business as usual for any of us and do appreciate your patience and understanding as we implement our new plan.
Please reach us at (949) 366-9405 or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org at anytime.
Thank you and stay safe,
Douglas T. Smith